What are the positive factors that are contributing to you reaching your desired result?
- Hope Center: work with parenting teens, provide pregnancy resources at no cost
- New Life: connection with pregnant teens through guidance counselor
- Sex education in schools: Abstinence based
What are the negative factors that are restricting you from reaching your desired result?
- COVID-19: Limited/Lack of Contact, limited to no access to sex education in school districts
- Access to free birth control: families have trouble finding condoms or other birth control solutions at an affordable rate
- Abstinence Only Classes: Sex education in schools limited to abstinence without other forms of birth control
What populations are the most disadvantaged and what causes these disparities?
- Unsupervised teens: (Parents working, single-parent households, etc.)
- Poverty/Low-Income: limited resources, generational poverty
- Rural population: far away from resources and education on sex
Are there foreseeable factors that will affect your work over the next few months to a year?
- Continued time away from school (Quarantine Babies)
- Social media: access to sexual content at earlier ages
What additional research is needed to better understand the factors that influence the slope of the curve and related disparities?
- The outcome/study of having mentors in schools who were teen parents
- What is the effectiveness of abstinence based education versus safe sex education?
- Giving educators access to Date Rape and Intimate Partner Violence training and education