Facility Complaints: Number of abuse, gross neglect, or exploitation complaints for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) / Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF)
About the Indicator
Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs), or nursing homes, are long-term care facilities that place emphasis on in-patient rehabilitation and medical care. These facilities are licensed by the California Department of Public Health Licensing and Certification Program. In addition, the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program assists nursing home residents with issues related to day-to-day care, health, safety, and personal preferences. Ombudsman representatives review and investigate reports of abuse or neglect in nursing homes.
This indicator measures the number of nursing home complaints received by the Ombudsman for abuse, gross neglect, or exploitation. Check out the Inclusion and Equity, Not Isolation Goal Page to explore dynamic visualizations and view more detailed data related to this topic.
About the Data
- Licensing and Certification Program: Patients, Residents, and Families Information (CDPH)
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Report Elder Abuse or Neglect (CDA)
- California Health Facility Information Database (Cal Health Find) (CDPH)
- California Health Facilities: Most Common Violations (CDPH)
- Nursing Home Residents’ Rights (CDPH)
- Long-Term Care Facility Financial Data (HCAI)
- Long-Term Care Facility Utilization Data (HCAI)
- Care Compare (CMS)