G5O3. Build upon collaborations and alignment with joint efforts
Increase the number of local health departments that participate in the PHWINS survey
Story Behind the Curve
Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey: PH WINS is the first and only nationally representative source of data on the people that make up the governmental public health workforce. It captures their perspectives on several key topics as well as their demographics.
• PH WINS, a partnership between the de Beaumont Foundation and the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), was fielded in 2014, 2017, and 2021.
• First and only nationally representative source of data about the governmental public health workforce.
• Supports the governmental public health workforce in understanding their strengths and gaps and informs future investments in workforce development efforts.
- To support employees in modernizing their traditional public health roles to meet the evolving needs of the public
- To identify demographic trends and their implications for the workforce
Source: https://debeaumont.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/1_States_2021_PH-WINS_Summary_Report.pdf Pg 4. Last accessed 8 Aug 2022;
https://debeaumont.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/1_States_2021_PH-WINS_Summary_Report.pdf page 7 Last accessed 8 Aug 2022
Confirmed by email from De Beaumont 08/08/2022 and 08/09/2022.