EPM 1.3b: # of caregivers who reported reading the developmentally-appropriate amount to their children (most standards recommend 20 minutes for 0-5)
E-PM 1.3b: # of caregivers who reported reading the developmentally-appropriate amount to their children (most standards recommend 20 minutes for 0-5)
Story Behind the Curve
The varying numbers can be explained in part as follows:
- Some partners did not ask this question on surveys consistently.
- Raising Readers has seen considerable variation in their numbers given the nature of their grant funding (for example: Super K was on hiatus in FY18-19 due to funding; similarly, Small Talk needed to be paused in FY19-20 due to the end of one grant, but the program is scheduled to resume virtually in January 2021).
The partners whose data is aggregated here include:
- ACPC: Day Care (Infants and Children, including Preschool and Childcare)
- ChildServe: Child Care-Infants & Children
- Raising Readers: Thrive By Five's "Super K" (data gap for FY18-19 and FY20-21) and"Small Talk Story County" (paused in FY19-20 and FY20-21). Advocacy for Social Development started reporting on this measure for FY20-21.
- StoryTime Childcare (preschool age/4 & 5 year olds only)