St Helier is a safe place to live and visit

% of St Helier residents who say their neighbourhood is very safe


Line Bar
What is this about?

This data is collected using the Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey which surveys a representative sample of adults in Jersey. Respondents are asked: 'How safe or unsafe do you consider your neighbourhood to be (within five minutes’ walk of your home)?' and can answer very safe; fairly safe; a bit unsafe; very unsafe; or, don't know. This indicator focuses on the responses from St Helier residents.

Overall, 96% of adults in Jersey considered their neighbourhood to be very safe or fairly safe in 2018, with 60% saying very safe. By comparison, 41% of residents in St Helier said their neighbourhood was very safe and another 48% said fairly safe. An overall figure of 89% only gives a small margin for improvement so this indicator deliberately focuses on the proportion of St Helier residents who say their neighbourhood is very safe. It has shown significant improvement over the last decade, increasing from 23% in 2009 to 41% in 2018.

Scorecard Result Container Indicator Measure Action Actual Value Target Value Tag S R I P PM A m/d/yy m/d/yyyy