What are the positive factors that are contributing to you reaching your desired result?
- CHIP and Medicaid: Insurance for low-income families.
- Affordable Care Act: Availabilty to receive healthcare with or without preexisting conditions for people who don't qualify for CHIP or Medicaid.
- Common Value: Children should have insurance.
- HOPE Center: Help with prenatal healthcare.
What are the negative factors that are restricting you from reaching your desired result?
- People being laid off because of COVID-19: People who would have otherwise had insurance. Healthcare being tied to employment.
- Citizenship status: keeps families from going to receive healthcare
- Availability of healthcare in county: Network of providers accepting CHIP and Medicaid.
- Standards for CHIP and Medicaid are not meeting the needs of families
- Complicated application system to apply for CHIP and Medicaid.
- Many families are underinsured and end up paying cash for their remaining healthcare.
What populations are the most disadvantaged and what causes these disparities?
- Citizenship status: fear of attaining healthcare
- Low socioeconomic status families: access to healthcare
- Low education: understanding of rights and availability of services
- Rural residents: access to providers
Are there foreseeable factors that will affect your work over the next few months to a year?
- COVID-19: Loss of employment leading to loss of healthcare
- COVID-19: Doctor's office restricting in-person care, families not able to see doctors
- Election year: potential healthcare overhaul
- COVID-19: Families fearful to spend money on healthcare because of economic downturn
What additional research is needed to better understand the factors that influence the slope of the curve and related disparities?
- How will COVID-19 effect insurance going forward into 2021?
- School starting: how many children are treated for COVID after schools begin? How does that effect CHIP/Medicaid?
- How many families are using CHIP, Medicaid, or ACA for their children's healthcare in our county?