Youth Disconnection: Percent of Youth Ages 16-24 Not in School and Not Working
Story Behind the Curve
- Current ideas:
- In order to be in a job you have to be in school to get a "right to work" certificate
- Economy is slowing down; some positions being taken by immigrant groups
- Lack of education
- Lack of connection within the community
- Research Agenda:
- Find out other places in the county who are serving disconnected youth
- Organize a focus group with these youth to ask what are some of their challenges.
- What are the demographics of the disconnected youth?
- What are the demographics of the employed youth?
- Workforce Development Program
- Promoter Pathways
- Hillside Works Scholarships
- Expand on the CINS program to include disconnected youth and workforce development for disconnected youth.
- Teen Court possibly?