In-demand employment occupancy placement rate
Story Behind the Curve
Why is this measure important?
This measure is important to assess the placement rate for in-demand opportunties within our strategic industry sectors. This information will inform talent development strategies enhancing economic competitiveness.
Analysis of Contributing and Restricting Factors
- Labor market data tools such as Jobs EQ indicate curent job postings and duration of posting for real time data input
- Collaboration with Economic Development organization to support business retention and attraction strategies
- Experienced staff and strong partnerships
- Requires labor intensive follow-up strategies.
- Data results are dependent on employer self-reporting that may not be substantiated
- No system in place to acccurately employment placement rate outcomes of other entities beyond WSM
Strategic partnerships are critical partners in engaging employers in workforce development programs including DLLR, DORS, the Maryland Department of Commerce, Montgomery County Government, local chambers of commerce, economic development entities, industry associations, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations and an outstanding system of college, university and training entities.
Targeted recruitng events that focus on specific opportunties and strong vetting of candidates to ensure rapid and accurate placement.
Outreach to strategic industry to share this free service
Enhance customized and incumbent worker programs
Enhance apprenticeship programs
Build a systemic approach for employment reporting to better capture employment rate.