# of total placements through targeted hiring events
Story Behind the Curve
Why is this measure important?
This measure is important to monitor the number of sustainable employment obtained through various targeted hiring events and services to better inform the effectiveness of the workforce system
Analysis of Contributing and Restricting Factors
- Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) database is developed for data capture
- Good procedures and sytems in place for organizing and implementing hiring events
- Experienced staff and strong partnerships
- Requires labor intensive follow-up strategies.
- Data results are dependent on employer self-reporting that may not be substantiated
- No system in place to acccurately capture employment placements of other entities beyond WSM
CBO and non-profit partners providing employment barrier supports and security
Training entities that close the skills gap
Employers providing opportunities for a range of employment
Successful practices occur through strong and individualized business solution systems. Each employer is assigned a Businesss Service Representative that establsihes comprehenisive job descriptions, vets potential candidates, and follow-up to ensure sustainable employment.
- Continue to collect and follow-up with employers that have recieved direct services from WSM
- Continue to engage employers with oportunites at a sustainable wage to enhance long-term employment
- Convene and align training programs with the in-demand opportunties