Why Is This Important?
Nebraska Healthy People 2020: Disability and Health
According to HealthyPeople.gov, the 2000 U.S. Census counted 49.7 million people with some type of long-lasting condition or disability. Disability may result from a wide range of conditions. People with disabilities include persons who have physical, cognitive, or sensory impairments that are either present at birth or acquired (resulting from an illness or injury that has long-term consequences). Children and adults with disabilities and their families face special challenges related to maintaining health, productivity, independence, and quality of life. However, it is important to keep in mind that an impairment or disabling condition does not define an individual, their health, or their talents or abilities. People with disabilities play a valued role in every community. Like everyone else, they must have the opportunity to take part in import an daily activities that add to their growth, development, fulfillment, and community contribution.
This scorecard is created to track performance, therefore the demonstration of data within color markers identifies the boundaries of what we define as success. In some instances, a trend may be moving in the wrong direction, but still may be within our 'Target for Success' area. The use of Color Bands and Color Arrows help to define the Target for Success and Current Progress.
Green, Black and Red arrows are used to reflect our 'Current Progress' status.
- GREEN Arrow = We're getting better!
- BLACK Arrow = We're maintaining our position.
- RED Arrow = We're going in the wrong direction.
Green, Yellow or Red color bands are used to reflect our 'Target for Success' zones.
- GREEN Color Band = We've reached our Target for Success!
- YELLOW Color Band = We're making progress, but not quite there yet.
- RED Color Band = We're below our Target for Success.
Data is described with the Time Period, Actual Value, Target Value, Current Trend and Baseline Change %. These mean:
- Time Period - The most current time period for which the data were available.
- Actual Value - The actual level of achievement, the most current data indicator,;also shown in a Color Band to reflect if that value is or is not within our Target for Success zone.
- Target Value - The desired level of achievement for the data indicator.
- Current Trend - The direction of progress is shown by a Color Arrow to reflect our Current Progress status, and also noting for how many data points the direction been occurring.
- Baseline Change % - The percentage of change between the baseline data point and the current data point (actual value); also shown with a Color Arrow to describe Current Progress status.