Why Is This Important?
Nebraska Healthy People 2020: Physical Activity and Fitness
Regular physical activity is important at all stages of life for maintaing health, enhancing quality of life, and preventing premature death. On average, physically active people outlive those who are inactive. For good health, it is recommended that people engage in at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical captivity (such as brisk walking) per week or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity should also include muscle-strengthening activities two or more times per week. According to HealthyPeople.gov, approximately 80 percent of adolescents and adults in the United States do not meet the guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities.
This scorecard is created to track performance, therefore the demonstration of data within color markers identifies the boundaries of what we define as success. In some instances, a trend may be moving in the wrong direction, but still may be within our 'Target for Success' area. The use of Color Bands and Color Arrows help to define the Target for Success and Current Progress.
Green, Black and Red arrows are used to reflect our 'Current Progress' status.
- GREEN Arrow = We're getting better!
- BLACK Arrow = We're maintaining our position.
- RED Arrow = We're going in the wrong direction.
Green, Yellow or Red color bands are used to reflect our 'Target for Success' zones.
- GREEN Color Band = We've reached our Target for Success!
- YELLOW Color Band = We're making progress, but not quite there yet.
- RED Color Band = We're below our Target for Success.
Data is described with the Time Period, Actual Value, Target Value, Current Trend and Baseline Change %. These mean:
- Time Period - The most current time period for which the data were available.
- Actual Value - The actual level of achievement, the most current data point for the indicator, also shown in a Color Band to reflect if that value is or is not within our Target for Success zone.
- Target Value - The desired level of achievement for the data indicator.
- Current Trend - The direction of progress is shown by a Color Arrow to reflect our Current Progress status, and also noting for how many data points the direction been occurring.
- Baseline Change % - The percentage of change between the baseline data point and the current data point (actual value); also shown with a Color Arrow to describe Current Progress status.